TDHCA 90-Day DPA
$8,000 First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit for Down-Payment and Closing Costs
Texas Down Payment Program Overview
In an effort to monetize the $8,000 tax credit and to assist borrowers with down-payment and closing costs, TDHCA created the 90-Day Down Payment Assistance Program. TDHCA has the authority to offer tax credit advances with second liens. The 90-Day Down Payment Program may be used with FHA 15 & 30-year fixed-rate, first-lien mortgage loans.
Subordinate DPA Funds and Terms
Funds Available: $5 Million, First come First Served
Amount of Assistance Available: 5% of the total mortgage amount including MIP up to a maximum of $7,000
First 90 Days: 0% Interest Rate (encourage borrowers to payoff 2nd lien with tax credit refund). Thereafter, 2-Year term at 10% interest rate, Max CLTV 100%. Credit: Min credit score of 620 is required.
Qualified and Eligible Borrowers
- Borrowers must meet the federal first-time homebuyer requirements
- First-time homebuyers must be purchasing a home – new or resale that will be used as a principal residence. Includes: single-family detached homes, attached homes such as townhomes & condominiums.
- First-time homebuyer is a buyer who has not owned a principal residence during the 3 year period prior to the purchase. For married taxpayers, the law tests the homeownership history of both the home buyer and his/her spouse.
- Home purchase must occur on or after 01/01/09 and before 12/01/09. The purchase date is the date when closing occurs and the title to the property transfers to the homeowner.
- Income limit for single taxpayers is $75K; the limit is $150K for married taxpayers filing a joint return.
The Leaman Team wants to make sure your questions are answered. Please call The Leaman Team today to discuss your home financing: (800) 301-3405 or email Team@MaxLeaman.com.