San Antonio Homestead Forms
Homestead Exemption Forms & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
San Antonio Counties including: Bexar, Altascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Guadalupe, Kendall, and Kerr County Homestead Exemption Forms – 2013
You can lower your property taxes by filing your homestead exemption form. By filing this form, you reduce the taxable amount of your property’s value and thus reduce the amount of taxes you pay in future years.
Below, you will find the Homestead exemption form you need to fill out and mail to the County Tax Assessor’s Office.
or [View Form on BCAD.org]
or [View Form on AtascosaCAD.org].
or [View Form on BanderaPropTax.org].
or [View Form on ComalAD.org].
or [View Form on FrioCAD.com].
or [View Form on GuadalupeAD.org].
or [View Form on KendallAD.org].
or [View Form on KerrCAD.org].
- You need to file this form only once.
- You must file the completed application with all required documentation between January 1st and no later than April 30th.
- Texas property owners applying for the homestead exemption are required to submit documents indicating their county of residence. [Verify this info on BCad.org (PDF)] With the homestead application, homeowners must provide photocopies of the following materials:
- The applicant’s vehicle registration receipt,
- The applicant’s Texas driver’s license or Texas ID Card.
The homestead application, vehicle registration and Texas license/ID card must all have the same address. Applicants who do NOT own a vehicle are required to submit a notarized affidavit certifying that fact and provide a copy of a current utility bill. The address on the utility bill must be the same as the address on the application for the homestead exemption.
Filing the homestead form is FREE! Disregard offers from companies saying they will file the homestead form for a fee. Those offers are a SCAM.
Don’t forget: on your tax return, you can deduct the amount of interest and property taxes you have paid as well as some of the fees you paid at closing. Contact your tax professional for more information. Contact us if you have questions. We hope you are enjoying your new home!
If you or someone you know has questions about home financing, call The Leaman Team: (800) 301-3405 or email Team@MaxLeaman.com.